Think you know your rock – not to mention your
From page 90 of Classic Rock Magazine June 2011
roll? See how many of these questions you can answer, and how many album sleeves you can identify from the details pictured.
1. What is the title of the first album, from 1983, by Big Country?
2. Which was Bon Jovi’s first UK single release? And which was their first single to chart here?
3. They played the Isle of Wight in 1970, released their debut album the same year, had a UK No.1 with the follow-up, followed that with five Top 10 albums, including a live recording on which they didn’t write any of the music... Name the band.
4. Which charting band of the 80s and 90s included the Farriss brothers Andrew, Tim and Jon?
5. What is the full title of King Crimson’s 1969 debut album?
6. Name the Johnny Thunders album that features guest appearances from Phil Lynott, Steve Marriott, Chrissie Hynde, Peter Perrett, Steve Jones and Paul Cook.
7. Which 70s supergroup had members from groups including Little Women, The Herd and Spooky Tooth?
8. ‘ If I leave here tomorrow, would you sti l remember me?/For I must be trave l ing on, now, cause there’s too many places I’ve got to see .’ The opening lines from which enduring classic originally released in 1976?
9. Name the first studio album Iron Maiden recorded with Blaze Bayley after Bruce Dickinson quit in the mid 90s.
10. Name the artist and their top five album of 1978 that included the tracks Little Triggers, Lip Service and Night Ra l y .
11. Which was the last Jimi Hendrix album released before his death? 12. What is the full title of Derek And The Dominos’ famed studio album released in 1971?
13. What is Joan Jett’s real surname?
14. Named after a Bob Dylan track, they formed in 1969, their original vocalist was Al Atkins, before they released their fist album (in ’74) they went through drummers John Ellis, Alan Moore and Chris Campbell, and they’re still going today. Name the British band.
15. ‘ Breathe, breathe in the air/ Don’t be afraid to care/Leave but don’t leave me/Look around and chose your own ground .’ The opening lines of which classic rock album?
16. Which multi instrumentalists bands over the years have included the drummers Aynsley Dunbar, Mick Fleetwood, Mickey Waller, Keef Hartley and Jon Hiseman?
16. Which non-member of the band wrote the Yardbirds’ hits For Your Love, Heart Fu l Of Soul and Evil Hearted You , and which band was he a member of who had a string of Top 20 hit singles in the 70s?
Answers on p113